Sunday, November 27, 2011

Everything is ready, and all that we need is an east wind

Today all I could think of was this chinese proverb as I sat and edit my photos. The proverb is "Everything is ready, and all that we need is an east wind". 万事俱备,只欠东风

It pretty much summarizes exactly how I felt.

You know how sometimes, there is just an missing element that makes it "ahhh", but at that moment, you don't know what that is.

I remembered taking some photos of this dollhouse miniature christmas log cake a while ago, but something just wasn't quite right. I felt that I did not manage to capture its beauty back then.

But today I knew why. The answer was lighting.

We had beautiful weather in the morning today. The sun wasn't exactly scorching but I felt it was just nice. I swear it really was the sun that gives a soft glow to it.

So here I am again, presenting this special christmas log cake. I took reference from a real christmas log cake, and love this modern contemporary feel.

Available at my store! Pei Li's Miniatures



5 comments:

  1. It looks delicious and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your cakes. This is fantastic! Very Christmas.
    Bye Faby

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's beautiful. I like its modern decoration.
    Geneviève

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, yes...lighting! There IS nothing like the sun to help with pictures and so often this time of year it fails to peek out from behind those clouds for days. Wonderful creation as always. Have a great week. ; )
    ~Michele

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dearest sweet pei li, aaaa i know exactly how you feel although i am not quiet ready yet with a few more projects to wrap up!
    Your christmas log cake is beautiful!! I really love it so much. And yes lighting plays such a HUGE role when it comes to photography! Your photos are just stunning! Have a lovely merry happy week and love to you!

    jacqueline
    http://jqlinesocuteithurts.typepad.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I appreciate you visiting my blog, and taking the time to read and leaving me comments! I do read all of them :)