Saturday, April 14, 2012

Life Size Fake Macarons

Before I go about preparing for my workshop in the afternoon, I just wanted to share a couple of photographs I took this morning.

I had a request to sculpt life size fake macarons much to my delight! Interestingly my customer picked white coloured macarons. This is my first time making something sooooo purely white. :) It made me smile as I'm so fond of white too.

I studied the photo for some time and decided it was actually a buttery, warm white, so I created a similar colour close to the real photo.

I started making them yesterday, and only managed a couple of shells....
I will be making more tonight, and later this week...

Meanwhile, I whipped out my camera to take a few photos to show my customer a few photos. I always love showing them the exact colour they are getting, and my progress. I'm so glad she loves it!

I am always curious to find out how, where my creations would be used, especially for these life size fake macarons...so I asked and my customer said the real ones never lasted long enough, and she figured these would make such wonderful home decor purposes. She had a cake stand where she wanted to display these in her kitchen! Can't wait to see it!!


White macaron against the blue sky!


No cream in the middle yet!

Have a happy weekend everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Dearest sweet pei li, that is such a beautiful color! I love white creamy color too. :) It's always so inspiring to know how our creations are being use. Have a lovely merry happy sunday and love to you!

    jacqueline
    jqlinesocuteithurts.typepad.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I appreciate you visiting my blog, and taking the time to read and leaving me comments! I do read all of them :)