Saturday, May 12, 2012

How long does it take?

I get this question a lot.."How long does it take for you to make an item?"

Whenever I get this question, in my heart, I really don't know the answer. I've never timed myself on a stop watch while making something.

The truth is, there are things that you need to wait for it to dry before you can move onto the next step, so how do you really time it?

Besides, it really doesn't matter to me how long it takes as long as the outcome is beautiful. 

Sometimes I get other ideas while working on the initial idea, and I end up changing things along the way...Or things were a little more complex than how I initially thought, and it requires more time to think about the execution before I proceed...so I really don't know.

But I do know the goal is to make it as beautiful as possible and in the process, every little detail matter.

I saw these words being used in another picture and it resonates so much with what I strive to do.

Creating beautiful things is possibly my life long mission and I will always give my best. :)  


5 comments:

  1. El tiempo no importa
    El resultado tuyo es siempre magnífico:)
    Un abrazo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Time is not important; important is the result and satisfaction.
    Bye Faby

    ReplyDelete
  3. You think the same as me. Time is not all. Wonderful flowers.
    Hugs from Craftland

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Pei Li dear! I know it's been a while I got to buzz you on MSN. I have been reading your amazing progress, and your work always blows my mind away. In my opinion time isn't a factor, most importantly the end result. Lots of love, heart and soul put into your minis making them like the real deal sure keeps me mesmerized all the time. Have a good week and take care now..xoxo Jo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dearest sweet pei li, i totally agree with you that it is all in the details! I have the same mission as you do and i guess it is one of the things that brought us together. :) Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us. Have a lovely merry happy weekend and love to you!

    jacqueline
    jqlinesocuteithurts.typepad.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I appreciate you visiting my blog, and taking the time to read and leaving me comments! I do read all of them :)